Love, Marriage & the Catholic Conscience Understanding the Church's Teaching on Birth Control by Dr. Dietrich von Hildebrand
Finally, you can learn the full truth about contraception and how it relates to love and marriage, including:
- What the Church really teaches about contraception;
- Why this teaching matters so much; and
- How it enriches Christian love and family life.
Once you discover the well-crafted explanations in these pages, you'll be able to put to rest any lingering doubts or difficulties you, your family, or your friends may have about the Church's stance on contraception. You'll come to see God's loving hand at work in this hotly debated area of Church teaching.
This brief but powerful book will teach you:
- Where the Church gets its authority to teach about birth control
- Why a truly loving marriage must be open to the procreation of children
- Why some advances in medical know-how must be rejected on moral grounds
- Why Church teachings on contraception can never change
- How periodic abstinence can actually strengthen a weak marriage
- Plus, more to help you understand and appreciate the Church’s teachings on love and marriage!
BONUS: these pages include the complete text of Humanae Vitae, Pope Paul VI’s 1968 encyclical letter on contraception.