Truth about Saint Joseph Encountering the Most Hidden of Saints by Fr. Maurice Meschler
Joseph is the most hidden of the saints – a simple, retiring, and humble man of Nazareth. His exterior life reveals nothing extraordinary or striking. Yet he is exalted by the Church as, next to Mary herself, the greatest of all the saints and even Patron of the Universal Church.
Do you know why?
Apparently, the Church knows more about St. Joseph than most of us do. This remarkable book finally breaks the silence.
Drawing not on private revelations or pious legends, this beautiful and edifying work unearths many truths about St. Joseph hidden in the Gospel, to bring them to light and make use of them in Joseph’s honor.
Here you’ll encounter surprising details about the life Joseph led on Earth in the most intimate companionship of Christ as well as the role he is playing even today in the life of the Universal Church.
Among the things you’ll discover:
- Why it’s essential that Joseph be descended from King David
- Why this descendent of Kings was fated to live in poverty and obscurity
- How Joseph was glorious even in his poverty and humiliation
- What his daily life in Nazareth was like
- Why toil and suffering were constant companions to Jesus, Mary, and Joseph
- How he sanctified his daily labor, and how you can sanctify yours
- Why, without Joseph, Mary could not have become the Mother of God
- Why Joseph particularly welcomed the visit of the shepherds
- How — and why — Joseph was essential to the hidden life of Jesus in Nazareth
- How Joseph was able to remain calm and courageous in affliction and danger; and how you can, too!
- The three ways in which St. Joseph is an image of the Heavenly Father Himself
- Why he’s known as “God’s right-hand man”
- How even now St. Joseph is a benefactor to all members of Christ’s kingdom, including you!
- Why his death was the happiest a man has ever endured (and three ways he can help yours be happy, too)
- Why, in times of perplexity, St. Joseph is best the saint to turn to
- Four reasons St. Joseph particularly deserves your devotion today
- And much more!