26 Champions of the Rosary The Essential Guide to the Greatest Heroes of the Rosary by Fr. Donald Calloway
Read this book and learn all about the greatest heroes of the rosary in Church history, prepare yourself to join their ranks, and respond to the challenges of the present age by taking up the spiritual sword of Heaven: the rosary!
Internationally known speaker and author Fr. Donald Calloway, MIC, loves Our Lady and her favorite devotion: the rosary. But he's not the only one! Throughout the life of the Church, many men and women have become great saints and helped change the course of human history by the power of the rosary. In 26 Champions of the Rosary, Fr. Calloway presents the outstanding heroes whose trusting dependence on Our Lady and her rosary have brought peace and divine help to the world.
These heroes include:
- St. Dominic, whose prayers to Our Lady were answered when the Queen of Heaven entrusted the rosary to him in the 13th century;
- Blessed Alan de la Roche, who revived the rosary after the Black Plague took the lives of more than 25 million people in Europe;
- Blessed Bartolo Longo, the former satanic priest who experienced a reversion to Catholicism through the rosary, and became the founder of the famous Shrine of Our Lady of the Rosary of Pompeii;
- Sr. Lucia Dos Santos, the longest-lived Fatima visionary,who spread the messages of Our Lady of the Rosary;
- St.Teresa of Calcutta, who carried the rosary with her as her spiritual weapon;
- St. John Paul II, whose witness and love of the Blessed Virgin Mary helped restore the rosary to the devotional life of the Church after the tumultuous 1960s and 1970s.